[Pdx-pm] off-topic: insurance for independents

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Sat Nov 6 12:29:46 CST 2004

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 10:47:21AM -0800, Thomas J Keller wrote:
> I am helping someone get started as an independent contractor. She will
> work in someone's lab on a per project basis. Do you know anything
> about the kind of insurance she would need? and a good provider?

This might have that information.
http://www.nolo.com/lawcenter/index.cfm/catID/EC0EEB1C-16EA-4F81-833ED5890B19383A/subcatid/0D973BC0-3287-4CA1-944DC75DE82DC59F

And I highly recommend "Working For Yourself" (formerly "Wage Slave No More").
http://www.nolo.com/lawstore/products/product.cfm/ObjectID/68464A84-FD9B-45A8-8F5A576D33A0DECA

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Don't be a lover, girl, I'd like to shamelessly hump your inner child.