[Pdx-pm] file processing - from to delimiters - solution

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Sun May 16 00:53:43 CDT 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 11:49:47PM -0600, Tkil wrote:
> MR> I have this memory that there's some perl construct of the form
> MR> KEYWORD ( RE1 .. RE2 ) {
> MR> 	code;
> MR> }
> MR> Am I remembering a dream or is this a feature of the language?  If
> MR> it is a feature, what is the keyword?
> It's the range operator ".." (thus in perlop) and it simply evaluates
> to true or false.  so:

Yes, that is exactly what I couldn't remember.  Thank you.

    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity
   Get Fixed:  http://www.dampfixie.org
  The fortune cookie says:
Professor Gorden Newell threw another shutout in last week's Chem Eng. 130
midterm.  Once again a student did not receive a single point on his exam.
Newell has now tossed 5 shutouts this quarter.  Newell's earned exam average
has now dropped to a phenomenal 30%.