[Pdx-pm] modperl irritations

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Fri May 14 15:33:25 CDT 2004

	We run modperl to make our website run fast instead of crawl.
Unfortunately, occasionally modperl will seem to cache some of the data,
hosing the data on the site.
	As a workaround we've been restarting the webserver every few
hours, and I've tried doing things like initializing lexicals before using
them, but nothing seems to help in a meaningful permanent way. What's really
irritating is that it is generally unreproduceable and if you think you have
an idea of how to work around it, you can't tell for several more hours...

	Does anyone have a tried and true method for dealing with this?

	Danke,

	Austin