[Pdx-pm] May Meeting

Joe Oppegaard joe at radiojoe.org
Tue May 4 19:00:56 CDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004 at 5:04pm -0600, Josh Heumann wrote:

> We are without a speaker for this month.  The meeting is a week from
> tomorrow,  6:30pm at Free Geek.  Who would like to volunteer?

I've often thought that a combination of ~damian/bin and Lightning Talks
would be cool. It seems like I usually pick up some small good idea when
I use someone else's machine or watch them working in their environment.

People could just hook their laptops up to the projector and show a few of
their favorite ways they keep efficient. Be it editor config files,
~/bin, GUI layout, e-mail organization, perl helper scripts, whatever.

I'm sure most of us like to be as efficient as possible, and even
though it can be tough to change habits, it's nice to see how others
approach the same common problem of being productive.

You can count me as one of the people willing to talk.

Is anyone else interested? Maybe it's just the nosey part of me coming
out to say hi. :)

	-Joe Oppegaard