[Pdx-pm] DBD::mysql cont.

James marks jamarks at jamarks.com
Tue Mar 30 01:39:51 CST 2004

I'm still  hesitant to post all the terminal text related to the failed
install attempt (unless you really want it) but here are some of the
errors that I can see:

(snip)

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL
line 174.
readline() on closed filehandle PIPE at Makefile.PL line 176.

(Above was repeated 9 times in a row)

(snip)

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgz

(snip)

/usr/bin/perl /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/ExtUtils/typemap  mysql.xs > mysql.xsc && mv
mysql.xsc mysql.c
Warning: duplicate function definition 'do' detected in mysql.xs, line
192
Warning: duplicate function definition 'rows' detected in mysql.xs,
line 290

(snip)

Running Mkbootstrap for DBD::mysql ()
chmod 644 mysql.bs
rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle
LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/lib" /usr/bin/perl myld MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3
cc  -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -L/usr/local/lib dbdimp.o mysql.o
  -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle   -L/usr/local/mysql/lib
-lmysqlclient -lz
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.bundle] Error 1
   /usr/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
   Can't test without successful make
Running make install
   make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

James