[Pdx-pm] Linus moving to portland

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sat Jun 12 08:01:31 CDT 2004

>> Maybe he was waiting for me and Schwern to leave :\

David> That makes sense. It's certainly what I waited for before moving
David> here. ;-)

Is that along the lines of having company execs travelling in different
planes "just in case"?  We wouldn't want a single meteor strike to
kill too much brainpower on the planet. :)

Seriously, last year, I *did* ask Linus[1] if he would be moving
to Portland for his OSDL gig, and he said something like "no, I have
a nice place in the valley, and most of my work is remote".  However,
I thought I saw that he was going to be taking on *leadership*
roles at OSDL.  If that's the case, moving close to the office
is probably essential.

[1] who prefers to be pronounced just like the Peanuts character by
americans, since they can't get the finnish sounds right, and it just
sounds bad, so yes, it's Lie Nuss not Leee Nooose or even Leee Nuss.