[Pdx-pm] question: moving script from unix to windows

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Tue Jun 8 01:06:24 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 11:31:26PM +0000, aspen 108 wrote:
> The variable $image is reused in each interation, though I don't currently
> have it as a "my" variable.  Here's a snippet from that subroutine:

	I don't think that should be a problem.

> I think you guys are right that I'm running out of something as I institute
> the true type fonts.  The more lines of true type output commands I have in
> the script, the fewer good output files I get before it says it can't open
> the next file.  It lets me get from 1.png all the way up to appx. 508.png
> with only one line of true type output commands in the script, but only to
> appx. 23.png with 10 lines of true type.  I thought everything was
> reinitialized with each iteration, hmmm...

	You mentioned this was in a loop, but you didn't include the loop
in your email. However, unless there is a memory hole in GD:: somewhere,
you are probably not releasing memory through each iteration of your loop.
	Hard to tell without seeing it though :-)

	Austin