[Pdx-pm] Convert code to a module

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Jul 7 15:53:58 CDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Michael G Schwern wrote:

> I consider this book to be actively damaging for a newbie and hardly
> useful for anybody else.  It was a confused, poorly edited grab bag when it
> came out, now add to that its seven years out of date.

Maybe I blinded by the light?  I never got very far into it but did get it
several years ago (5+) so it was newer then.

I'll read with caution!

> Damian Conway's OO Perl is much, much better.

This was a good book.  I made it through most of the way but wasn't
actively doing coding so most if it went into short term memory.

> The only other useful bit in APP was the XS and Internals information.
> Simon Cozens' Perl Internals book is more up to date and covers it in more
> detail.

I don't find this anywhere.  Just a reference to rewriting the ORA
Advanced book.  New?

Rod