[Pdx-pm] Net::SSH::Perl

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Thu Jan 29 15:12:51 CST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Robby Russell wrote:

> > 	then grep open script.out. Maybe there's some odd permissions problem.
>
>  From the readkey area of the output:
>
> 24548
> open("/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Term/ReadKey/ReadKey.so",
> O_RDONLY) = 5
> 24548 read(5,

Waitaminute. It shouldn't need ReadKey.so until it has already decided to
ask for the password. Unless I'm missing something.

If you don't want it to ask you, check a little earlier to see whether it
failed to open some file, or whether it checked the permissions on some
file, and found it unreadable. "Some file" probably being the one with the
needed key (to use in place of the password).

Also, try the -v option, possibly more than once, when you connect with
ssh directly; you may find out that your ssh client is getting your key
from someplace you didn't expect, and that source may not be accessible to
the Perl module without some extra guidance. (You may be running
ssh-agent, for example, or maybe your ssh client is running as a different
user-ID than your Perl program.)

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix