[Pdx-pm] [SOT] perl based software recommendations

Andrew Savige ajsavige at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 28 19:59:19 CST 2004

Joe Oppegaard <joe at radiojoe.org> wrote:
> Mailing list managers, well, does it have to be written in Perl? One of
> the standards is Mailman <http://www.list.org>, which is written in
> Python.  (If it's good enough for pm.org, it's good enough for me. Hint:

If you want a Perl-based one, you might try the recent siesta:
  http://siesta.unixbeard.net/
  http://search.cpan.org/dist/Siesta/
or the not so recent majordomo:
  http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/
Apart from being a standard, does mailman have killer feature/s
that these Perl-based ones lack?

/-\ (who can't understand why Python should be better suited to
     writing mailing list manager software than Perl)