[Pdx-pm] Net::SSH::Perl

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Wed Jan 28 18:42:39 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 04:02:48PM -0800, Robby Russell wrote:
> I am trying to use Net::SSH::Perl to send ssh commands to a remote
> server and it doesn't seem to be connecting.
> I am use ssh keys as well, could that be a part of the problem? It
> shouldn't prompt for a password as the authorized_keys exist and work
> already for typical ssh connection.

	I thought I'd check the docs before sending a response, so I
fired up -MCPAN -eshell and tried to install it. Somewhere down amongst
the bloody mess of 60000 module dependencies of Net::SSH::Perl I hit a
compiler error:

cc -c  -I../pari-2.1.5/src/headers -I../pari-2.1.5/src/graph -I. -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O3 --pipe   -DVERSION=\"\" -DXS_VERSION=\"\" -fPIC -Derr=pari_err -DASMINLINE -DGCC_INLINE -DDYNAMIC_PLOTTING -o buch2.o ../pari-2.1.5/src/basemath/buch2.c
../pari-2.1.5/src/basemath/buch2.c:1782: internal compiler error: in remove_edge, at callgraph.c:189
Please submit a full bug report,

	So, so much for that.

	But anyway, the included docs indicate a debugging flag. Try turning
that on. If it doesn't do anything useful consider using Net::SSH or Expect.pm
and your normal ssh binary.

	Austin

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks the current build system, while neat, can
be pretty stinky sometimes (this being a good example)? Binary packages for
different systems would take up a bunch of space, but they'd be awfully
convenient.