[Pdx-pm] [SOT] perl based software recommendations

Joe Oppegaard joe at radiojoe.org
Wed Jan 21 23:49:56 CST 2004

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:

<-snip->
> less-filling or of a gluttonous quantity.  No middle ground.  I'd like to
> get this lists recommendations for perl based:  web mail, web calendaring,
> and mailing lists managers.

As for webmail, I setup Open Webmail <http://openwebmail.com> which my
family uses happily. Wasn't too bad setting it up if I remember right.
It supports virtual hosts and most things you'd care about. Perl & GPL.

Mailing list managers, well, does it have to be written in Perl? One of
the standards is Mailman <http://www.list.org>, which is written in
Python.  (If it's good enough for pm.org, it's good enough for me. Hint: