[Pdx-pm] Perl Development on Windows

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Thu Dec 30 20:06:19 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 08:28:26PM -0500, DHMedley at aol.com wrote:
> My experience with VMWare was many years ago and not very satisfactory ; I stayed away from "virtual" anything for a couple of years.  It has probably improved, and I wouldn't know.  I have Virtual PC running most everything I need to, including W2K3 Server for IIS 6.0 work.

VMWare has gotten a lot better.  Last time I saw it in use was around 2002
and it was to get at IE, Word, Excel and to test out their system with
Windows printing and sharing.

Nowadays there are alternatives to VMWare, I just don't know them off the
top of my head.

> My point of the original post was that if the gentleman asking for help was going to have to work on a Windows machine, rather than just FOR one, he could have his *NIX without pain.

I think the point is more how to have your Windows without pain. :)

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern at pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed--they don't mean quite