[Pdx-pm] Perl Development on Windows

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Thu Dec 30 14:44:29 CST 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 02:06:09PM -0500, DHMedley at aol.com wrote:
> Second, if you are as wedded to *NIX as the other responders were, just buy a copy of Virtual PC and load any particular flavor of *NIX you are comfortable with.  I can vouch for Slackware 10, Novell Linux Desktop ( preview ), and Gentoo working quite well with it.  You have to use either 16 bit or 32 bit video -- there is no 24.

If you go this route, do it the other way around.  Windows running on Unix
using vmware or some such.  You want the less stable operating system
running on the more stable one.  When Windows crashes you want it just
taking down Windows, not the whole system.  Then you don't lose all your
work and you don't have to wait for the whole machine to reboot.

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern at pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Make it too tough for the enemy to get in and you can't get out.