[Pdx-pm] PerlUnit in Perl

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Dec 29 03:31:20 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 12:10:19AM -0800, Ben Prew wrote:
> Does anybody use this(http://perlunit.sourceforge.net/) anymore?  It
> looks like the most recent version on CPAN is 0.24 and hasn't been
> touched for about a year or so.
>
> I personally much prefer the Unit-testing style of testing, since it
> was how I was introduced to testing.
>
> However, if everyone else uses Test::More and Test::Harness, I'm more
> then happy to write .t scripts.
>
> I am working on some code I plan to submit to CPAN, and just wanted to
> see what other people were doing.

Test::Unit is pretty much dead in the water with no sign of being revived.

Test::Class is the preferred XUnity module.  It combines the best bits of
XUnit (inheritable test methods, setup, teardown) with perlish testing
idioms (ie. Test::More and friends).  And its actively developed.

There's also the somewhat neglected Test::Inline.

There's also something called Test::SimpleUnit.  I may be missing something
but it doesn't look very simple.

--
Michael G Schwern     schwern at pobox.com     http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo.