[Pdx-pm] perldoc ...

Jeff Zucker jeff at vpservices.com
Mon Dec 13 12:31:24 CST 2004

Steven Adams wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 11:00 -0800, Austin Schutz wrote:
>>	Ok, here's a dumb question - I thankfully never use perl on windows.
>>Doesn't the install put html formated manual pages somewhere?

> for the most part, you'll not
> find html documentation on a specific module or script included with the
> perl distribution if it's not part of that original dist.

That's not true, if you have ActiveState, it will install the HTML docs
for all modules in the distributrion *and* for all modules installed
later with ppm.  And they're searchable, by the usual explorer search
interface.  Windows sucks, but let's not exagerate.

A nice summary of "Perl documentation documentation" can be found at

Jeff (aka jZed)