[Pdx-pm] perldoc ...

Steven Adams mongers at nwtechops.com
Mon Dec 13 20:21:24 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 11:00 -0800, Austin Schutz wrote:

> 	Ok, here's a dumb question - I thankfully never use perl on windows.
> Doesn't the install put html formated manual pages somewhere? Looking through
> the html equivalent to `perldoc perl` with a web browser doesn't sound too
> horrendous.

Perldoc is an interesting tool. For one it will format and output that
funny looking commented text at the bottom of well written perl code (in
man'ish format). This is important since, for the most part, you'll not
find html documentation on a specific module or script included with the
perl distribution if it's not part of that original dist.

--
Steven Adams <mongers at nwtechops.com>