[Pdx-pm] traversing (and accessing values in) a hash of hashes

Ben Prew ben.prew at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 15:15:41 CST 2004

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:09:59 -0800, Steven Adams <mongers at nwtechops.com> wrote:

> > Because using perldoc in the Windows command line is _painful_
>
> Never tried it. What makes perldoc so painful in Windows?

Imagine using more, without searching capabilities, without being able
to go backwards in a document and only allowed to page over a single
page, or having to specify the number of lines you want to move
forward.

Basically, instead of getting to use 'more' under Linux, you get
'type' under windows.

Fortunately, the ActiveState distro comes with .html documentation,
which I end up using, so I only use perldoc under windows when I'm
forced to, or if I know exactly how many pages down the item I'm
looking for is.