[Pdx-pm] traversing (and accessing values in) a hash of hashes

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Sat Dec 11 18:41:47 CST 2004

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 04:31:59PM -0800, James marks wrote:
> I've read Learning Perl a couple of times and have it open in front of
> me along with Programming Perl, Perl in a Nutshell, and Perl Cookbook
> and I'm still unable to find a solution. I'm certainly willing to read
> but, after working on it for a number of hours now and getting nowhere,
> I was hoping someone could give me an example that works so I can study
> it and see a little success. I will keep studying though.

"Learning Perl" does not cover references and complex data structures.
"Learning Perl: Packages, Refrences, Objects and Modules" does.

Programming Perl is not really a tutorial.  Perl in a Nutshell is more of
a reference.  Perl Cookbook contains more complex recepies.

The chapter below contains exactly what you need under "Hash of hashes" as
does the perldsc man page.  I'd recommend reading the Beginning Perl
chapter as its better written.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
SUBMIT TO MY LOVE, PUNY HUMAN!!!