[Pdx-pm] traversing (and accessing values in) a hash of hashes

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Sat Dec 11 18:14:59 CST 2004

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 03:55:41PM -0800, James marks wrote:
> I've been to a Portland Perl Mongers meeting only once so I'm sure you
> don't remember me but I'm wondering if any of you could help me with a
> code problem? I'm relatively new to Perl, coming to it from
> AppleScript, and I've written a Perl script that parses my server
> access_log and creates a hash of hashes that looks essentially like
> this:

I think you should start by reading perldsc and perllol man pages which
describe working with complex data structures.

Chapter 7 of Beginning Perl would also be helpful.
http://learn.perl.org/library/beginning_perl/

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
It should indeed be said that notwithstanding the fact that I make