[Pdx-pm] Ruby job (Perl programmers can apply)

Phil Tomson ptkwt at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 24 17:04:09 CDT 2004

I sent this to the Portland and Seattle Ruby mailing lists and it seems
that everyone is currently employed there (what a change from a year
ago!).

Since this was my old job (actually, they already found my replacement,
now they're hiring another person) I know a bit about what's going on there.
Since they haven't found an available Ruby expert, I think they would do fine
with someone who knows Perl and is familiar with OO programming - so if
you are good with Perl and OO and would be willing to learn Ruby (and get
paid while learning it:) don't let the requirements scare you.  The person
you would be working with is a Ruby expert so he'll be able to help
bring you up to speed.

Also, they list C/C++, but there will be very little of that.  The vast
majority of the code is being done in Ruby.

See below for more info.

Please don't reply to me, reply to Gina Ash (email & phone# below).

Phil