No subject

Mon Aug 2 21:34:10 CDT 2004

  I have a simple binding library which lets you do something like the

  class Foo
     attr_reader :bar, baz
     attr_writer :bar, :baz
  Persist::bind(Foo, 'foo_table', :bar, :baz)
  f = Foo.fetch('pkey_value') = 3'where bar > ?', 2) {|foo_obj|
     p foo_obj

 It handles about 80% of the database queries I use in a moderately
 complex (~20kloc)
 business application, with the remaining bits done in basic DBI calls.

 I've also been experimenting with a thread-safe LRU cache for objects,
 so that at least multiple concurrent reads of a database-bound data
 object don't have to make a full round trip to the database for each

 Right now, it's not really package as a standalone library, but I'd be
 happy to go back over the code, clean it up, and either post it here
 or on RAA for others to try out.

To find out more about Ruby, check out:
To subscribe to the PDX.rb mailing list, send an email to:
pdxruby-subscribe at