[Pdx-pm] OSCON Discounts for locals (us)

Josh Heumann perl-pm at joshheumann.com
Mon Apr 12 11:54:12 CDT 2004

O'Reilly's Open Source Convention is coming to town, and we get cheaper
rates!

The discounts we get are listed here.  Skip to the FREEBEE section to see
how to get in for free(ish).

THE SKINNY:

O'Reilly Open Source Convention
Portland Marriott Downtown
1401 SW Naito Parkway
July 26-30, 2004
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/

DISCOUNT:

With this "locals only" discount, members get 25% off of OSCON
registration. Anyone who registers by June 18 gets a double
discount--25% off of the Early Bird price. After the Early Bird
Date, members receive 25% off the regular conference pricing.

Use code os04pug when you register online:
To register, go to:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2004/create/ord_os04

FREEBEE:

There's a link on the main site
(http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2004/) if you want to get in by way
of volunteering, which I highly recommend.  The pdf about that is:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2004/volunteer.pdf

ALSO:

We also need help getting the OSCON wiki up to speed. Now is your chance
to share your projects, local hangouts, and advice with other OSCON
attendees.  http://wiki.oreillynet.com/oscon/index.cgi

As the hosting group, we should tell people about some cool stuff to
do/see/drink in pdx.  Spread the word, people!

Josh