[Pdx-pm] unhappy CPAN on OS X

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed Oct 29 19:49:36 CST 2003

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 05:36:57PM -0800, Joshua Keroes wrote:
> I wasn't able to use the stock perl with CPAN at all - the perl.h file
> was missing, preventing Good Things from oh, say, working.

And you are contestant number one in The Great OS X 10.3 Perl Fuckup!

They moved the perl header files from DevSDK to BSDSDK.  This not only means
you need devtools installed to perform any Perl module (which is how it
was with 10.2) but it also means you need to install the optional BSD SDK.

So if you install BSD SDK from devtools it should work.  Please join me
in convincing Apple that it was a bad idea to move the Perl headers to an
optional install.

Meanwhile, I'm working on removing that perl.h dependency from MakeMaker.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
There is nothing wrong.  We have taken control of this sig file.  We will