[Pdx-pm] Back copies of 02packages.details.txt

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Mon Oct 20 19:17:50 CDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:26:08AM -0700, Jeff Zucker wrote:
> In my continuing research for the DBI book I am not being able to find
> some needed details of history.  As far as I can see, backpan is  only
> partial and because it doesn't do symlinks there's no way to  find out
> the dates of the earliest version of all DBD modules (e.g. by browsing
> the DBD category) other than look in the directories of everyone who's
> ever written one.  The best I have been able to find is old copies of
> the trusty 02packages.details.txt.  I could only find ones for June 1996
> and December 1999 on backpan and neither google nor the wayback machine
> turned up anything further.  So HELP!  if you have copies of
> 02packages.details.txt for other years, please send them to me.  If you
> can think of some other way I can find the information I want (history
> of the names, versions, dates and authors of DBI-related modules
> 1992-present), please let me know.  If I get enough responses to be
> useful, I'll post the whole lot in an archive or add it to backpan.

I have just the thing.  http://backpan.cpan.org/authors/authors-lR.gz
That should give you enough information to get the stats you want.

Note that it was generated as a one-off at the beginning of October.

--
Michael G Schwern        schwern at pobox.com  http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
They just don't make any good porn music anymore, do they?