[Pdx-pm] Hash question

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Nov 24 15:18:51 CST 2003

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003, Bruce J Keeler wrote:

> You're saying that's cheaper than
>
> >     @SignUpInfo{keys %tmp} = values %tmp;

This too looks properly perlish.

> Results:
>
>                  Rate iterated_array  iterated_hash         atonce
> iterated_array 1198/s             --           -56%           -71%
> iterated_hash  2709/s           126%             --           -34%
> atonce         4098/s           242%            51%             --
>
> It seems that the array method is worst of all.  Most interesting.

Hum.  Looks over speed.  Reminds me of my younger years and the low-riders
verses the hot-rodders.  But since the atonce is fastest and looks great I
could get the best of both worlds.  A low rider that performs.  Great
paint job and dual quads.  Cool!

Rod
--
  "Open Source Software - Usually you get more than you pay for..."