[Pdx-pm] saving state with CGI.pm

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Wed Nov 5 02:19:32 CST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 06:58:34PM -0800, John Springer wrote:
> I'm having a problem using CGI.pm to save state.  Maybe I'm using the
> wrong tool??  Anyways...
<snip>

	One way to do it is to use cookies. Benefits are that you don't
have to save any state yourself and the user can go back to any part of the
form at any point in the future and still access their data. You can set
cookies at any part of your website and have them readable everywhere, sort
of like global variables.
	Some folks used to say that users wouldn't always allow cookies, but
that's probably not true any more.

	Austin