[Pdx-pm] Re: [Porpig] Python night at OSCON

david pool dpool at hevanet.com
Fri May 30 14:11:07 CDT 2003

Kevin Altis wrote:

>I only got two responses about the Python party at OSCON on July 9th. Gina
>Blaber has asked me to move the start time to 7:30 PM so it doesn't conflict
>with the exhibitor reception. She also wants to promote it on their OSCON
>events page.
>
>I would appreciate feedback today, so that I can go ahead and finalize the
>time and location. The current proposal is the Lucky Lab from 7:30 PM -
>whenever people want to leave, but I could nominally say the event
>officially ends at 10 PM (11 PM?), which is probably a good time since it is
>a weeknight and people attending the conference will either be getting up
>early and/or attending another late night OSCON party ;-)
>
>If the time or place doesn't work for anyone and/or you have a better
>suggestion, get it to me ASAP, otherwise I will finalize the date, place,
>and time above later today.

That's the regularly scheduled perlmonger meeting time. I don't think
they've made any plans though. Perhaps we could combine the two into a
MOSS type hospitality event for our guests from out of town. I'll cc:
the perlmonger list to see if there's any interest. Otherwise, i guess
i'd just pick whichever one looked good that night.

david pool