[Pdx-pm] Perl executables...

Michael G Schwern schwern at pobox.com
Wed May 21 22:16:06 CDT 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 09:21:19AM -0700, Nick Wehr wrote:
>   I was wondering if anyones messed around with
> converting your perl script into a binary executable.
> I've seen various tools such as Activestates dev kit
> and Indigos perl2exe.  How have you guys done it?  I
> want to be able to distribute scripts that utilize
> modules without the need of an interpreter.  It seems
> to me that this is never really directly addressed in
> all the books I've read other than embedding your
> script into a C program.  Anyone?

perl2exe works mostly, though the trial version is nagware IIRC.

You might want to look at PAR (Perl ARchive, think JAR).  I believe it does
what you want and Autrijus is a good author.
http://search.cpan.org/author/AUTRIJUS/PAR-0.67/
http://search.cpan.org/author/AUTRIJUS/PAR-0.67/lib/PAR/Intro.pod

--
Let me check my notes.