[Pdx-pm] Next meeting

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri May 2 05:14:57 CDT 2003

>>>>> "Joshua" == Joshua Keroes <jkeroes at eli.net> writes:

Joshua> The next meeting is, as yet, unplanned. What do you think of a Sunday
Joshua> brunch of dim sum at Legin?

Joshua> Failing that, I'm open to ideas. :-)

I have free tickets for Harvey's Comedy Club next thursday night.  If
I can get a head count by wednesday, I can get us all in, saving the
normal $8 cover charge (which I don't think I've ever paid :).

Here's the acts:

    Innovative comedian Daniel Packard flavors his core skill of
    stand-up with the hip spontaneity of fusion jazz, dropping the
    standard, one-dimensional set-up/punchline premise and replacing
    it by using audience response to spontaneously weave stories,
    rants and free form pontifications. The result is a nightly
    experience thats engaging, inspired and of course, totally
    hilarious. Daniel has free audio samples and show info at
    danielpackard.com or by calling his hotline at (415) MIC-9000.

    And welcome back Mike Wally Walter, nominated for an American
    Comedy Award as Nightclub Comic of the Year in 1994. Mike began
    his comedy career way back in 1982, when you still had to be funny
    to get a gig. He combines the fact that he has 4 ex-wives and 4
    children into his offbeat brand of humor. He is not afraid to
    tackle the delicate issues of relationships, childbirth or travel,
    and stamp them with his sense of humor. A true professional, hes
    been branded as high-energy, wild, zany, politically incorrect,
    but always funny! www.comedyguru.com/mikewally

We'd need to be in line together around 6:45pm, with dinner inside
from 7 to 8pm, show 8 to 9:30.

Harvey's has convenient access for mass transit, since they're at the
confluence of the north end of the downtown bus mall, the Amtrak
station, and the Greyhound Bus Depot.  No excuses for not getting
there. :)

Even if that doesn't end up being the event, let me know by email if
you want to come along.