[Pdx-pm] Perl and XS

Nick Wehr nick2canz at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 12:32:29 CST 2003

I've got a topic for conversation for you Perl Wizards
out there.  I'm interested in XS and what it can do for
me.  Have any of you wrote an XS extention?  What was
the motivation?  Why did you choose the C library that
you did?  Say I wanted to make an extention for
sockets.  Where would I start?  What documentation
would I need to program it correctly.  Where would I
get those docs?  Is it practical to use?  I assume you
have to build it, is that ever a problem?  Any
information from anyone would be appreciated.  Thanks a
bunch.  -Nick