[Pdx-pm] OSCON & PDX.pm

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jun 18 00:04:57 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 18:17, Daniel C. Stillwaggon wrote:
> That is pretty easy, and fits into the treasure hunt idea, since
> Pioneer Square
> sports a public hot-spot (last I heard it did), as well as the
> Starbucks node.

Unfortunately, we've just lost this node due to the company that was
hosting it, WebCriteria, moving out of the building.  If you know of
anyone in the buildings around the square who would be willing to donate
some bandwidth and put a small box and antenna in the window, we'd love
to know about it.

> I can't recall off-hand who runs the public service, but I imagine
> someone
> on this list will know.  Is anyone involved in/knows someone involved in
> the group?  I think it would be cool if one of the "Scavenger Hunt"
> items
> was a secret word from a web-page accessible only from inside the
> Pioneer Square WLAN, but that would take an "inside man", so to

I very "inside man", it seems :)   The group is PersonalTelco, at
http://www.personaltelco.net.  I'm not a very active member, but I'm
frineds with most of them.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *