[Pdx-pm] Booth and Exhibit Hall

Joe Oppegaard joe at oppegaard.net
Mon Jul 7 15:12:40 CDT 2003

Hey all,

I talked to the Exhibit Hall manager today about the booth. Tomorrow is
booth setup day and it didn't seem that he really wanted people setting
anything up today. Plus, our booth at the present time is holding space
for many boxes, so we couldn't setup even if we wanted to. If needed
there are tables, chairs, power strips, etc. for rent from the design
people there. Our booth will be right next to RedHat and (probably) the
Portland LUG.

The manager also asked me to make sure people knew that the Exhibit
Hall is FREE (you don't have to be registered for OSCON to go) and will
be open the following hours:

Wednesday:
     10:00am - 4:30pm
     6:00pm - 7:30pm

Thursday: 10:00am - 4:30pm

There will be a reception Wednesday night from 6:00 - 7:30 where he
mentioned there will be free as in beer served.

By the way the manager also mentioned that Amazon.com (two booths down
from us, on the other side of RedHat) will be there just to try and
find people to hire, so go bug 'em!

I don't have any sessions tomorrow, so I'll be available all day to
help with the booth. Though, what are we going to do? Still the
treasure hunt?

	-Joe Oppegaard