[Pdx-pm] O'Reilly Books

Joshua Keroes jkeroes at eli.net
Fri Jan 24 16:59:52 CST 2003

The Portland Perl Mongers are now part of O'Reilly's User Group program.
http://ug.oreilly.com/

#------------------------------
# Discounts
#------------------------------

As card-carrying members (just kidding!) of portland.pm, you get 20% off
O'Reilly books and stuff. I'll let you know how to get that discount as
soon as I find out. :-)

#------------------------------
# Library/Book Reviews
#------------------------------

We can also start a library. Todd Caine is currently reading and writing
our first review for Manning Publications' new LDAP book.

What's that? You want to review a book too? Lucky you! Just pick a
book from either Manning, O'Reilly, or a new publisher and I'll get
that free book out to you.

The rules are simple:
  1. This is not a free lunch: you *must* write a review.
  2. Write your review in HTML so we can display it on
     http://portland.pm.org/

When the book review is complete, the book will be added to our
burgeoning library (current status: 1 book).

Books: 			http://perl.oreilly.com/
More books: 		http://www.manning.com/perl.html
Yet more books: 	http://www.aw.com/

-Joshua

PS If you need a ride to the Damian Conway lecture, just post. There
   have been offers to carpool from both Portland and Vancouver.