[Pdx-pm] SPUG meeting Tuesday, Feb 18

Michael R. Wolf MichaelRunningWolf at att.net
Thu Feb 13 20:38:44 CST 2003

Last night, there was a question regarding SPUG's next meeting.

Our meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of the month.  We get together for
dinner before the meeting and go out for drinks afterwards.  You can
always find the information here.

    http://www.seattleperl.org/

And all Perl Monger information here:

    http://www.pm.org/

Our February meeting is next Tuesday.  Here's the particulars.

    February Meeting; Tuesday, 2/18/03: "Beginner's Night"

    Formatting Documents with POD
    by Geoff Grosenbach

    Geoff will talk about Perl's own documentation system called POD
    (for Plain Old Documentation). Topics will include:

    Basic POD tags and syntax
    Making pod2html look good with stylesheets
    Targeting multiple output formats
    Syntax/parser gotchas

    A brief look at the code that parses POD (i.e. writing your own
    translator for a new or customized output format)

    Learning about Perl
    by Jeremy Mates

    Jeremy will not talk about Perl itself, but rather about stuff
    that's about Perl. Topics will include

    finding documentation and help
    maintaining and upgrading perl
    various coding practices
    tips

    About the Speaker:
    Jeremy Mates is a systems administrator for the department of
    Genome Sciences at the University of Washington. Primary
    responsibilities include developing and supporting the backups,
    network, mail, printing, and web services on Mac OS and UNIX
    systems in the department.

--
Michael R. Wolf
    All mammals learn by playing!