[Pdx-pm] Dec meeting - This Wednesday

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Dec 8 18:17:02 CST 2003

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael G Schwern <schwern at pobox.com> writes:

Michael> Yeah, Class::Prototyped and Class::Object were both developed at about
Michael> the same time to address the same purpose.  Big Perl 6 Language discussion
Michael> about prototyped inheritence so we decided to implement it in Perl 5.
Michael> Difference is, Toby actually understands prototyped inheritence whereas I
Michael> was just fucking around.

Now for an entirely different question that is somewhat related, to a person
who can possibly answer it *best*...

why does the Makefile.PL for Class::Prototyped end up with a manpage
named "Class::Class::Prototyped"?  What logic is it using?

Of course, an answer is to move the Class dir under lib/, but how does
it get the *wrong* answer?  What's it thinking?