[Pdx-pm] Tomorrow's meeting

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Tue Sep 17 15:28:04 CDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn at stonehenge.com>
> As a backup plan, since I'm in town, and was planning on attending, I
> can hold a general "Perl Workshop Q&A" session.  Just put your code
> for review on a web URL somewhere, or bring it on a CD or FlashMemory
> {grin}, and I'll take a look at it on the big screen in front of the
> room.  Or if it's not about code, but about methodology, I'll show you
> what a few well-worded CPAN searches can bring, and maybe even write
> the code live on the screen so you can watch me at work. :)
>
> Any takers for that?

Hmm, I was kind of curious what you might think about the Ovidian Transform
(http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=135353).  It uses Inline::C to
gain a 50% speed increase over that tired old Schwartzian thing ;)

Seriously, I'm rather curious what you think about my CSV database
validation program (http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=126212).  I
know a few things that I would likely change, but I'd like to know what
someone of your caliber thinks of the code and what I can do better.

Also, because things have been a wee bit chaotic here at work, I've had some
trouble getting the chairs rented for this month.  I'll find out later if
we'll get them.  We do have the mezzanine at the Rose and Raindrop reserved,
so at least something went right.

Of course, if we can't get the chairs, we can brag that we have a standing
room only crowd :)  (other options are welcome -- sorry for the late notice)

--
Cheers,
Curtis Poe

Taking e-Business and Internet Technology To The Extreme!