[Pdx-pm] Perl application developer needed

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Thu Sep 5 13:05:42 CDT 2002

Hi all,

If you're looking for work, please read.  This is pretty much a verbatim
copy of our posting on jobs.perl.org.  We are slowly moving to an Extreme
Programming (XP) development model and any previous experience is a plus
(but not required).  We are hoping to hire ASAP.

Perl Application Developer

Company name:         ONSITE! Technology
Location:             United States, OR, Portland
Pay rate:             Competitive salary and benefits package
Travel:               0%
Terms of employment:  Salaried employee
Hours:                Full time
Onsite:               Yes
to design, enhance, and implement applications.

The ideal candidate will show that he/she can:
1) Adapt to the rapidly changing technology landscape. The candidate must
welcome new challenges and be willing to simultaneously tackle multiple and
varying tasks.
2) Communicate ideas in a close, daily team environment.
3) Understand how quality software is designed and constructed.

Please Note: We are unable to offer H1B visa sponsorship or relocation
assitance. No Telecommuting.

If you are from outside of Portland Metro Area - You must note in your email
that you understand that this job posting is for an onsite position in
Portland, Oregon, USA and you are willing to relocate without reimbursement,
for you resume to be considered.

Required skills: Previous experience developing Perl and/or Python
applications,

Understanding and experience with object-oriented design and coding.
Understanding of SOAP, and/or XML-RPC.
Understanding of relational database concepts and SQL.
Knowledge of basic Software Development concepts: development models,
testing, documentation, and revision control(CVS).
Desired skills: Previous Python development a plus.

Previous work developing web services or desktop applications also a plus.
URL for more information: http://www.onsitetech.com/
Contact information: Please send resumes in ASCII text or PDF format to
jobs at onsitetech.com.

Please include any Perl group affiliations (eg. Perl Mongers, perlmonks.org,
use.perl.org, ...). Do not include non-programming related group
memberships.

ONSITE! Technology, Inc. is an aggressive e-business solution provider
located in a loft close to downtown Portland, OR.

--
Cheers,
Curtis Poe

Taking e-Business and Internet Technology To The Extreme!