[Pdx-pm] Changing contructors w/o breaking compat.

Joshua Hoblitt jhoblitt at ifa.hawaii.edu
Fri Oct 25 23:55:29 CDT 2002

This was of course the very first thing I thought of however the difficulty is that you now have to pass in a ref to hash.  You know I think I've seen that somewhere before too.  I wonder if this is one of those things that morphed into knowledge because we all "read it someone".

>         my $object = Net::Ping->new({proto => $proto, device => $device});
I was hoping to find a way to allow Net::Ping support both the old systax and the "newer 'more' conventional" one so I could send a patch to the author.
Cheers,

-J