[Pdx-pm] Wednesday night's meeting

Curtis Poe cp at onsitetech.com
Thu Oct 10 10:18:34 CDT 2002

Well, one would think that I would learn not to refer to days in relative
terms when it comes to email, particularly to this list.  Assuming that most
of you received this email roughly when I did, then some might be led to
believe that the meeting is "tonight", Thursday, October 10.  It was last
night, Wednesday, October 9.

Given that a few emails appear to have been sent *after* the meeting, I am
hoping that the email problems with pm.org have been cleared up.  I suppose
I'll find out if I don't see this show up for a few hours.  If you don't get
this email, let me know ;)

If you weren't there last night (see first paragraph :), you missed a great
presentation by Allison Randal.  It was a humorous way of explaining to
mortals like myself what topics and topicalizers in Perl 6 are (will be?).
Every time I look at something in Perl 6, my head spins.  Then when I start
to pay attention (a rarity, at the best of times), I am shocked at how
simple it really is.

--
Cheers,
Curtis Poe

Taking e-Business and Internet Technology To The Extreme!