CPAN problem

Tom Phoenix rb-pdx-pm at
Mon Jun 24 15:53:44 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Tom Keller wrote:

> Fetching with LWP:
> Fetching with Net::FTP:

Looks as if fetching with LWP didn't work. Maybe was down, or
maybe there's something wrong with your LWP installation.

> Can't call method "sockport" on an undefined value at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Net/ line 789.

Looks as if fetching the same thing with Net::FTP didn't work either.
Hmmm.... should probably have handled that error more gracefully.

Can you get that file with an ordinary program, like a web browser,
without difficulty? If so, either it's a transient error (like: too many
concurrent users of the FTP server), or something is wrong
with Net::FTP, LWP, or something that they both depend upon.

If you can't get it, I'd say that taking out of your sites
list would be a good step.

And since you seem to be using 5.6.0, consider trying 5.6.1 - if it
doesn't fix this bug for you, at least it should fix some others!

Good luck!