copying files from Unix to Win system

charles radley cfrjlr at
Mon Jun 24 14:00:23 CDT 2002

mikeraz at wrote:

> Now if someone is going to tell me that Perl has a built in file copy funcation . . . .

Sometimes I use the standard perl module:

>From the Activestate perl docs:-

The File::Copy module provides two basic functions, copy and move, which are useful for
getting the contents of a file from one place to another.

The copy function takes two parameters: a file to copy from and a file to copy to. Either
argument may be a string, a FileHandle reference or a FileHandle glob. Obviously, if the
first argument is a filehandle of some sort, it will be read from, and if it is a file name
it will be opened for reading. Likewise, the second argument will be written to (and
created if need be).

        use File::Copy;

Charles F. Radley