Parse::RecDescent and autotree

Tom Phoenix rb-pdx-pm at redcat.com
Sun Jun 16 11:39:53 CDT 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Colin Kuskie wrote:

> use lib '~/perl/modules';

Does that do anything useful? The tilde is a shortcut used by some shells
to refer to home directories, but AFAIK this merely makes your @INC have a
path containing a tilde. (So, it could be useful if you have a directory
named tilde in your current working dir.... :-)  You could use your HOME
environment variable, if you must, but it's probably better to explicitly
use the directory's correct name.

> use Data::Dumper;

You said in your earlier message that Data::Dumper complained about
something. From the looks of things, DD should be giving you a better
error message than that; maybe you should find out why it's complaining
and improve the diagnostic. (Of course, a newer version of the module may
already have fixed this, so check that first.) My guess: It got confused
by a regex from qr//. (Those didn't exist when DD was written, I'm pretty
sure.)

I'm sorry that I don't have more help to offer here, but I couldn't let
your question go completely unanswered. :-)

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix

TIMTOWTDI