HTML filtering

n/a nforrett at wgz.com
Thu Jul 18 20:06:55 CDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, josh hoblitt wrote:

> I discovered something interesting: HTTP:Daemon doesn't work correctly
> on perl 5.6.1/solaris 8.  The object will allow one connection then die
> on the next attempt to call accept.  I tried setting some
> IO::Socket::Inet options with no luck.  The problem is fairly lowlevel
> as the OS is still holding the socket open for sometime after the code
> exits.  (I verified that the code still works on perl 5.6.1/linux 2.4)
>
> Anyone have a solaris 8 box to try and replicate the issue?

It just so happens that I have a Blade 100 lying around. I was trying to
install OpenBSD on it yesterday (just for yucks). However, it was getting on
11PM when I finally realize this [and anyone who read my initial analysis of
the self reproducing sprial code can attest to the fact that I am not at my
sharpest that late at night ;-) ].

If you still want to try a Solaris 8 box, I can hook mine back up and give it
a go.

-- Nick

 | e-mail: nforrett at wgz.org                    |
 | www   : http://www.drforehead.net/          |