HTML filtering

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jul 18 19:13:18 CDT 2002

>>>>> "josh" == josh hoblitt <jhoblitt at mysun.com> writes:

josh> Perl CookBook page 628:
josh> "On some operating systems, notably Solaris, you connot have multiple
josh> children doing an accept on the same socket.  You have to use file
josh> locking to ensure that only one child can call accept at any particular
josh> moment."

No, that's a different problem, one which I thought I had avoided by
using flock. :)

*That* problem is a bunch of people doing accept() without any kind
of flock().

However, as I was dragging around my preforking proxy server from
machine to machine, it broke some places, but I can't recall where.
Hence, I switched to a different strategy.

TIMTOWTDI