HTML filtering

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jul 18 18:23:05 CDT 2002

>>>>> "josh" == josh hoblitt <jhoblitt at mysun.com> writes:

josh> I discovered something interesting: HTTP:Daemon doesn't work correctly
josh> on perl 5.6.1/solaris 8.  The object will allow one connection then die
josh> on the next attempt to call accept.  I tried setting some
josh> IO::Socket::Inet options with no luck.  The problem is fairly lowlevel
josh> as the OS is still holding the socket open for sometime after the code
josh> exits.  (I verified that the code still works on perl 5.6.1/linux 2.4)

One of my programs (the preforking server) broke under some OS
releases because flock() on the master socket isn't supported
properly.  I had to switch to including __END__ in the program and
then flocking DATA in the same way (a cheap trick, but effective :).

TIMTOWTDI