HTML filtering

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at
Wed Jul 17 16:59:57 CDT 2002

josh> I know there are several web developers on this list so please excuse my
josh> rant as to how much flash/shockwave sucks.  Even if it wasn't so
josh> irritating it's just not an option on all platforms.  I'm going to
josh> scream if mozilla prompts me one more time to install a plugin that
josh> doens't exist for solaris.  (maybe I should rant on

josh> Anyways I've decided to build a lightweight proxy to strip flash from
josh> HTML.  Anyone have suggestions on how to proceed?  I see Toms
josh> Proxy::HTML but I think I'm going to have to use HTML::Parser directly.
josh>    Would anyone like to work on this with me?

in google, type http proxy

<merlyn at> <URL:>
See for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!