HTML filtering

josh hoblitt jhoblitt at
Wed Jul 17 16:36:12 CDT 2002

I know there are several web developers on this list so please excuse my
rant as to how much flash/shockwave sucks.  Even if it wasn't so
irritating it's just not an option on all platforms.  I'm going to
scream if mozilla prompts me one more time to install a plugin that
doens't exist for solaris.  (maybe I should rant on

Anyways I've decided to build a lightweight proxy to strip flash from
HTML.  Anyone have suggestions on how to proceed?  I see Toms
Proxy::HTML but I think I'm going to have to use HTML::Parser directly.
   Would anyone like to work on this with me?

-Joshua Hoblitt

jhoblitt at