Switch.pm

Austin Schutz tex at off.org
Fri Jul 12 05:38:19 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 01:07:22PM -1000, josh hoblitt wrote:
> I agree that this works... but it doesn't make the code any cleaner to
> read then using a bunch of if statements.

	Some perl programmers have a C background, where switch/case are
common and familiar. If perl came with its own you would perhaps have a
different point of view. I rarely use this type of code, but it can be
handy in places where a string is tested several times over.

> I think this falls into the...
>
> "If my dog was that ugly I'd shave it's ass and make it walk backwards".
>
> Department.

	If you don't like it, don't use it. TMTOWTDI. Please keep extreme
judgements to yourself, or at least make some semblance of politeness
about them. I'm sure we all have coding styles which might be considered
ugly or inefficient by others.
	Keep in mind perl was originally designed to be a mishmash of features
from C, awk, sed, sh, etc. etc.

	Austin
TIMTOWTDI