Meeting Place [was: Introduction to Testing with Test::More]

n/a nforrett at wgz.com
Thu Jul 11 15:41:29 CDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Joshua Keroes wrote:

> On (Thu, Jul 11 10:52), MarkyMoon wrote:
> > [snip]
> >
> >  Oh yeah let's have the next meeting in the Rose and Raindrop's walk
> > in fridge ; )
> >
> > Send more beer,
> > That  pesky Mark guy
>
> Well... The Rose and Raindrop *does* have a room that seats 22 (bottom
> floor in the back) It has a $100 minimum for use, which, if we put
> our minds to it, shouldn't be that hard to clear.
>
> It's available one the first or second Weds for the next two months.
>
> It's an option, and an air-conditioned one at that. :-)

I have another alternative. My boss is willing to let us use the large
conference room at my office.

  Pros:
    * Big enough for the group (judging by the turnout the last two months)
    * Air conditioned
    * Several bars/taverns relatively close
    * Large whiteboard, screen and projection unit builtin
    * Free

  Cons:
    * In Beaverton (near Washington Square)
    * Outside laptops not allowed to connect to LAN as per company policy.
      There is a laptop that lives in the conference room, however it runs
      Windows. I'd also be willing to burn CDs of required materials and
      bring them in.

Thoughts?

--
Nick